Hmmmm well I guess this is proof…..all I do is eat!
On my way to face another trying day at work. It’s been 10-12 hours every day lately. And now I’m headed back at 6:30 in the morning.
Tonight though, I finally get to catch up with my boyfriend since he got back from Asia this past weekend. Looking forward to a late night dinner at one of our favorite restaurants too.
Happy Valentines Day! xoxo
Today was one of those 10 hour work days but when has it not been lately? Of course cooking something healthful and tasty when I finally get home at 8 p.m. is pretty much not happening. My boyfriend usually does the cooking but wasn’t going to be home till 6 p.m. so there was no way my request to have stew for dinner was going to manifest. Thankfully we had polenta, a tomato, fresh spinach, prosciutto and eggs in the fridge.
The result? Delicious! My BF found the recipe on a blog; I tried leaving a comment of praise but since I wasn’t able to, I guess the next best thing is to share the link with the world! Well, the “world” being you, my five readers.
Notice the soft-boiled egg? I’m obsessed with David Chang.
I figured out why time flies as I get older. I’m constantly counting down days till the weekend or to the next holiday that I’m rushing through the week. I really need to take the time to smell the gardenia, soak in some sun and taste the salty ocean air.
I’m still “training” for Great Aloha Run which is next Monday. I say training because I haven’t really progressed as much as I’d hoped since I began running a month or so ago. The other day, I was at Ala Moana beach – it’s my favorite workout spot because it’s so encouraging to see all types of people getting their fitness on. I saw a few couples taking their engagement and wedding photos on the beach. It was sweet. But, since the majority of couples are Japanese, I bet a number of them have the same wedding photo backgrounds. It’s kinda strange but, it’s absolutely beautiful each and every time I see the sunset there. OK, I get it.
Til next time!
I got the new iPad and I absolutely love it. It’s definitely bad for beauty sleep though. Instead of trying to go to sleep, i lay in bed looking at Pinterest and eBay.
Here’s 20 random facts about me.
- I love my cat Beaches more than anything or anyone
- Will go into debt to fulfill my need to travel somewhere this year
- Self-destructive at times
- I feel familial and societal pressure to get married; to the point that i feel brainwashed that it’s something I want….but i don’t think i do
- I want that blood-diamond ring tho
- Afraid to lose my parents
- I should learn Tagalog before my dad dies
- Feel closer to my friends than my family
- I google old boyfriends, old classmates & co-workers
- Afraid to have a child because it might be ugly, awkward or I might resent it
- Afraid to grow old alone
- I like cooking, especially vegan meals
- I’ve become almost everything I dislike about my mother
- I over-eat and I’m overweight
- I’m tracking my diet and trying to exercise because i can’t even fit into my fat girl clothes right now
- Facebook depresses me at times
- I force myself to drink water. I hate the way it tastes.
- I grew up drinking Tang
- Addicted to coffee; i get headaches when I don’t drink it
- I’m sensitive to smells